Retina UK Conferences 2021
OkuStim therapy featured in this year's Retina UK conference programme.
Retina UK’s Professionals’ and Annual Conferences will be held online in April and registration is now open.
We will introduce the OkuStim therapy as part of the 'Update from Industry' session in the programme of the Annual Conference on 17. April.
The OkuStim therapy is available in the UK now.
Friday 16 April 10.00am - 1.30pm
The Professionals’ Conference builds upon the success of the inaugural event in 2019, and will be held on Friday 16 April. It will start at 10.00am and finish at 1.30pm.
This Conference is aimed at professionals working with people affected by Inherited Retinal Dystrophies and their families.
There are two key themes to this year’s event, Genetics and Mental Health. Speakers include:
- Dr Panagiotis Sergouniotis who will speak about the clinical importance of genetic testing and research
- Dr Ian McCubbin, a Clinical Psychologist, who will discuss helping your clients with mental health challengess
- Professor James Bainbridge, who will be joined by one of the first patients to receive the Luxturna treatment
- The Retina UK team, who will be launching our new and exciting Unlock Genetics website.
There will be the opportunity to ask questions throughout the day. Registration is open for this free to attend conference. Please complete the online form at www.RetinaUK.org.uk/prof-conf.
Annual Conference and AGM
Saturday 17 April 10.00am - 2.45pm
All are welcome to join this online event. There will be an exciting line-up of speakers including:
- Professor Alison Hardcastle, who will be giving us a run-down of the latest genetics research and information about genetic counselling and what it means for you
- Dr Sam Da Silva, who will tell us about the latest in clinical research
- The Retina UK team, who will be launching our new Unlock Genetics website.
- Representatives from the pharmaceutical and medical device industry who will give presentations on some of their cutting edge work to find treatments.
There will be the opportunity to ask questions through the day. Registration is now open, please visit www.RetinaUK.org.uk/annual-conference and complete the form, or call the Retina UK team on +44 (0) 1280 821334.